Product Code : 619
Quest Vitamin C - 1000mg - Twin Pack - 90+90 Tablets
- Buy 2+ £15.29 5% Off
- Buy 3+ £14.96 7% Off
- Buy 5+ £14.48 10% Off
At healthplusliving we take the security of your data very seriously. That`s why we employ a rigorous 3 stage security process as follows:
1. State of the art Comodo Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 256bit Encryption to ensure the safe transmission of any personal data you enter via our website.
2. Market leading credit card processing facilities provided by Sage Pay.
3. Verified By Visa and Mastercard Securecode to safeguard all credit card transactions.
healthplusliving is also registered with the Information Commissioner as part of our pledge to protect your privacy.
Quest Vitamin C is an essential water-soluble vitamin and antioxidant that should be consumed daily. Vitamin C has a short half-life which is where the advantage of a timed release tablet comes in. A steady supply of vitamin C to the body tissues is beneficial in some situations. Citrus bioflavonoids work with vitamin C to increase the body’s antioxidant defences against free radicals and increase the absorption of vitamin C synergistically.
Vitamin C is needed for the immune system to function effectively. It is required for the activation of Natural Killer cells, and without it their function is impaired. Vitamin C also contributes towards antioxidant protection due to its action as a free radical scavenger. Vitamin C is required for the adrenal glands to function optimally, and quickly becomes used up in periods of stress, decreasing immune system capacity and increasing the incidences of infections. Low levels of vitamin C are associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease due to its antioxidant properties, and its necessity for collagen which maintains elasticity in the blood vessel wall. Vitamin C contributes to collagen production and is needed for the main structural tissues in the body such as skin, gums, bones, teeth and cartilage found in joints. Vitamin C helps with the absorption of iron, needed for haemoglobin and oxygen transportation around the body. The current recommendation of vitamin C intake is the minimum amount needed to prevent deficiency symptoms in a healthy adult. This does not take into account chronic stress states, increased demand in times of illness or heart disease.
- High potency 6 hour timed release formula.
- With citrus bioflavonoids to increase the absorption of vitamin C.
Why take Quest Vitamin C:
Decreasing cortisol: Chronically elevated cortisol suppresses the function of the immune system which decreases resistance to infections. Vitamin C decreases symptoms associated with stress.
Immune cells: Immune cells accumulate vitamin C, with phagocytes storing the most vitamin C. Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that protects the DNA of immune cells.
Antioxidant: Vitamin C enhances glutathione recovery after an oxidative challenge, protecting the body from oxidative damage even further.
Atherosclerosis: Vitamin C works in multiple ways to help protect cardiovascular health. Its powerful antioxidant action helps to prevent the oxidation of cholesterol and moderately lowers cholesterol, helping to prevent and slow the progression of atherosclerosis and improving endothelial function.
Blood pressure: Vitamin C is required for the maintenance of collagen, and reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
Collagen: Vitamin C is required to hydroxylate proline and lysine which creates procollagen. Procollagen is converted into collagen by 3 enzymes. Collagen is the main structural component in the body. Collagen is particularly important for the health of the bones, teeth, skin, gums and blood vessels.
- High potency 1000mg per tablet
- With added bioflavonoids to increase absorption of vitamin C
- Patented timed-release tablet releases nutrients over 6 hours
|Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex||100mg|
- Food supplements should not be used as a replacement for a balanced diet or healthy lifestyle.
- Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose.
- Consult a health practitioner prior to use if you are taking any medications or have any medical condition.
- Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- To assure freshness and potency, store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F). Store away from heat, light and moisture.
- Do not use if outer bottle seal is missing, torn or damaged in any way.