Product Code : 1227
Rainforest Foods Organic Peruvian Cacao Nibs 300g
At healthplusliving we take the security of your data very seriously. That`s why we employ a rigorous 3 stage security process as follows:
1. State of the art Comodo Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 256bit Encryption to ensure the safe transmission of any personal data you enter via our website.
2. Market leading credit card processing facilities provided by Sage Pay.
3. Verified By Visa and Mastercard Securecode to safeguard all credit card transactions.
healthplusliving is also registered with the Information Commissioner as part of our pledge to protect your privacy.
Rainforest Foods Organic Cacao Nibs 300g
Small pieces of raw Peruvian Criollo Cacao beans
Cacao, or Cocoa, is the fruit of a small, evergreen tree called Theobroma cacao. It grows in tropical climates, particularly in South America. Cacao is best-known as the base material in chocolate production, but has in recent years become known as a highly nutritious food in its own right.
Cacao is a source of antioxidant flavanoids the cacao flavanoid group is known collectively as flavanols. The antioxidant provision of foods is measured on a scale referred to as ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity). Cacao has an exceptionally high ORAC score. It is also significantly rich in magnesium and fats such as Oleic acid, the fat found in olive oil.
A well-known Harvard Medical School study investigated the effects of Cacao on the Kuma Indians of Panama, comparing a group given to drinking large quantities of home-prepared Cacao with another exhibiting more modern dietary habits. The results were startling: put simply, the Cacao-consuming group had much lower rates of stroke, cardiovascular disease and cancer than the other.
Rainforest Foods Cacao is produced by organic growers in Peru. It is harvested by hand as pods. These are broken apart and the pulp surrounding the beans allowed to ferment. It eventually runs away as liquid. The fermentation not only removes the pulp but also reduces the beans' bitterness. The beans are then cleaned, dried, and broken into small pieces (nibs).
Suggested Use: Cacao nibs are a versatile ingredient that can be added to many foods or alternatively eaten as a snack. Consume two tablespoons per day.
- Made from high quality Peruvian Criollo Cacao beans, rich in antioxidants.
- Can be added to many foods or eaten as a snack.
- Dairy Free - GMO Free - Soya Free - Yeast Free Gluten Free No Preservatives
- Certified organic by the Soil Association.
- Certified Vegan by the Vegan Society.
- Rainforest Foods will donate funds to Rainforest Concern for every pack sold.